Mistake of the past

400 hundreds years of slavery was it a choice ?

Curious
IMG_2013

1 Like

Was it a choice by whom? It definitely wasn’t a choice by the Africans who were sold out by their peers and superiors. Slavery was complicated because it involved many actors and political, economic, and social manipulation of our brothers and sisters. Otherwise, do you think we would just sell our people out wholesale? Nah, I believe our African brothers and sisters were too kind and trusting in letting outsiders into our “world” and were taken advantage of.

1 Like

I think the best African historian, scholar and master teacher living ( in my opinion) Dr Gerald Horne, can greatly facilitate our working through the multiple answers to this very complex question. I will just say here, contrary to what the white man taught us ,we never stopped fighting and resisting our capture and enslavement…Such has been demonstrated by our station in the world today vs yesterday. Still not free but still fighting…" STILL AFRICAN, STILL STRONG"

Learn more about us. Encyclopedia of African History 5 Volumes Set for download.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3Sb6jVcZDpKVkRpQzhQSHZHMHc?resourcekey=0-yXdSzWF7cRDpjVFZToRBWw

1 Like